Terms of Service
As a nonprofit choosing to participate in and/or collaborate as a benefiting organization of NEPA Gives, you must agree to the Terms of Service which sets forth the services and duties provided by NEPA Gives and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
1. I understand that NEPA Gives will not refund registration fees for any reason without exception. May 19, 2024 is the final date to register.
2. I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)(3) in good standing with the IRS and will provide our EIN number, and contact info.
3. I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters/mailing address in one or more of the following Pennsylvania counties: Bradford, Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne, or Wyoming.
4. I understand that The Scranton Area Community Foundation reserves the right to request additional documentation to verify my organization’s tax exempt status or eligibility.
5. I understand that prizes are offered to increase the engagement and excitement of the day, but should NOT be the sole reason for an agency to participate in NEPA Gives. Prize monies offered are contingent upon the generosity of our sponsors and are not guaranteed from year to year.
6. I understand that if I have miscategorized my organization's size based on its total revenue, I will forfeit any prize funds connected with our size. Total revenue is defined as the amount shown on line 1B of your agency’s most recent form 990. *All cash prize winners may be subject to providing their most recent 990 filing and/or previous year’s financials. This may be required to verify all prize winners’ budget size.
7. I understand that only donations made through the GiveGab/Bonterra portal during the NEPA Gives 24-hour period will count toward any prizes offered as part of the 24-hour event. *Please note: offline gifts (cash and checks) count toward overall dollars raised but are not eligible for any prizes. Furthermore, no offline gifts shall be converted* to online gifts. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* “Converted” refers to the process of taking monetary donations (i.e. cash or check) received OFFLINE by the organization and utilizing an ONLINE donation method to add this amount in a name different from the original donor. In the spirit of the Giving Day, all donations (online AND offline) should be recorded accurately. SAF reserves the right to audit donations at any time. Failure to comply with these rules can result in action up to and including the organization being banned from participating in this and/or future Giving Days.
8. I understand that prize winners chosen on the day are subject to further verification and may be finalized after the event. Prizes will be audited following the event and all prizes are not considered guaranteed until this audit is completed and the formal communication from the NEPA Gives team has been emailed to the contact address on file *If an agency is found to have manipulated donor data in any way, the agency shall forfeit their prize.
9. A unique donor is identified by donor name, last 4-digits of donor’s credit card, and email. All donations must be made by a consenting donor. All unique donors will receive a confirmation email after their donation has been made. By donating, donors imply consent to receive the initial confirmation email, and any following emails regarding their donation.
10. I understand that my organization’s staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors are responsible for focusing its marketing efforts in the days and weeks leading up to NEPA Gives on June 6 - 7, 2024 to create and promote a sense of community-wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners, and fellow nonprofits using social media, email, phone, or other methods of communication.
11. I understand that The Scranton Area Community Foundation is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization through NEPA Gives and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that the organizers of NEPA Gives have no control of this process.
12. I confirm that my organization has a website, Facebook page and/or other social media account(s) and that we will add the NEPA Gives link to each to promote our participation in the giving day.
13. I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform that will safely process all online contributions made to the event.
14. I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
15. I understand that all online donations will be disbursed via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees. I understand that if I do not provide routing information for automatic transfer I will not be able to participate.
In order to receive your donations via ACH transfer, GiveGab/Bonterra requires a checking account eligible to receive ACH transfers and withdrawals.
If your organization supplies the wrong type of bank account (such as a savings account), or the wrong account numbers, GiveGab/Bonterra will be in touch! After 30 days, if GiveGab/Bonterra hasn't heard from your organization, they will refund your gifts back to your donors.
*I understand that to receive donations it is my organization's responsibility to provide a checking account that is eligible to receive ACH transfers from GiveGab’s GG Pay. In the case that the bank account we supplied is unable to receive the transfer, and GiveGab/Bonterra has not heard from our organization in over 60 days, the donations will be refunded back to the donor.
16. Any prize money earned will be presented via check through the USPS following the closing of the giving day. NEPA Gives Partner organizations do their best to get these checks to organizations as quickly as possible. Funds raised through prizes and matches can be distributed in multiple payments/checks. I understand that this process may take up to 4-6 weeks.
17. I certify that participating in NEPA Gives that my organization, volunteers, supporters and staff consents to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. My organization’s participation constitutes our consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and their unrestricted use by NEPA Gives partners.
18. I understand that if my agency has a question or concern about the event, they can reach us at NEPAGives@safdn.org. If my organization has a question concerning the platform the first way to reach the team is through the chat feature on the NEPA Gives website www.nepagives.org. If the GiveGab representatives who monitor the chat feature are not able to resolve the issue, the GiveGab/Bonterra team will escalate the issue to a local NEPA Gives representative.
19. I understand that any recurring donations initiated during NEPA Gives will continue to process according to the schedule that the donor chose, outside of NEPA Gives, and will be subject to transaction fees set by NEPA Gives, less any applicable host/partner fees.
20. I understand that any donations processed outside of the NEPA Gives donation period through GiveGab.com, that are not recurring donations initiated during NEPA Gives, are subject to transaction fees specific to the GiveGab/Bonterra plan purchased by the receiving organization.
21. I understand that in the event of a disputed donation, GiveGab/Bonterra will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my organization's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, the organization will be contacted by Foundation staff in order to contact the original donor to resolve the lost dispute. In the event of a lost dispute, the organization will be responsible for related costs.
22. I understand that refunds for donations made on GiveGab must be approved by an administrator from my organization and requested from GiveGab/Bonterra within 4 business days of the original date of the donation. If approved, the full amount of the requested refund and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s balance. Any donation refund request made outside of the 4 business day refund window must be handled outside of the GiveGab/Bonterra platform between my organization and the donor directly.
23. I understand that as the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab/Bonterra, it is my responsibility to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorize) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab/Bonterra will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
24. Any and all external media/press activity related to NEPA Gives, including but not limited to interviews for newspaper, television, radio, press releases, or press conferences, MUST be cleared with the Scranton Area Community Foundation prior to engaging with media contacts. I understand that if anyone representing my organization participates in any interviews with newspapers, tv or radio, they speak on behalf of ALL nonprofits participating in NEPA Gives. I will contact the NEPA Gives team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 I understand that if my agency has a question or concern about their organization's account and/or profile, the first way to reach the team is through the chat feature on the NEPA Gives website. If the GiveGab/Bonterra representatives (who monitor the chat feature) are not able to resolve the issue, the GiveGab/Bonterra team will escalate the issue to a local NEPA Gives team member. If the question is related to an in person and/or hybrid event, please contact email@example.com.
26. I understand that NEPA Gives is an event that supports and celebrates any and all Northeastern Pennsylvania nonprofits. Any registered NEPA Gives agency that uses derogatory, inflammatory or combative language in reference to any other nonprofit will have their profile deleted immediately and will be permanently banned from this event. NO EXCEPTIONS.
27. The Scranton Area Community Foundation or any other partnering Foundations will never misuse your information by selling, distributing or utilizing it for any purpose OTHER THAN to notify you of our future giving days.
28. I understand and agree to hold harmless the Scranton Area Community Foundation, its officers, directors, employees, and affiliates from any claims, liabilities, or damages arising from our participation in NEPA Gives.
29. I will agree and adhere to additional prize rules listed on the prize page.
30. I have read the FAQs and agree to comply with these Terms of Service.